MY APPROACH TO VOICE COACHING
"The heart of my approach is Fitzmaurice Voicework®.
The soul is whatever works for you."
We work together to clarify your needs and how to address those needs. Rather than “fixing” your voice, I help you find a richer, healthier access to your voice while you learn to use it more effectively.
Depending on your needs, we can focus on these and other areas:
- Developing Vocal Power and Freedom: strengthen your voice, increase resonance, and reduce vocal fatigue. Free a high, tight, or monotone voice.
- Finding Your Voice: access your voice and communicate more clearly and expressively.
- Dealing with Stress and Anxiety: learn to feel better and express yourself more effectively under stress.
- Developing Presence and Being Heard: learn to develop greater presence and be heard more easily.
- Integrating Body, Breath, and Voice: integrate your body, breathing, impulse, and voice to speak in an embodied way. Develop personal warm-ups that are effective for you.
- Improving Communication: develop your ability to communicate effectively in a variety of contexts.
- Shifting Harmful Habits: learn to speak or sing in ways that prevent or heal vocal nodules. This is done in conjunction with medical professionals.
Approaches to Learning
The work will be conceptual, experiential and practical, and the emphasis will change as needed.
- Why Conceptual? Because how you understand something affects how you do it.
- Why Experiential? Because it’s not enough just to understand something. In order to learn something deeply, you also need to experience it directly.
- Why Practical? Because it’s important that our work is useful outside of the studio.
What I offer:
- Private Voice Coaching
Private Voice Lessons in my Los Angeles studio (or your locations) provide the opportunity to focus on your specific needs.
- Voice Workshops
Voice Workshops (offered locally, nationally, and internationally) offer a much greater immersion in a short period.
- Voice Classes
Voice Classes for Performers in Los Angeles provide regular opportunities to work on your voice.